Summer time always makes me crave fish. It’s so delicious and I always feel healthier choosing fish over red meat.
One of my favorite dinner recipes lately has been baked rainbow trout. Many people don’t realize how easy it is to bake fish filets in the oven. Not to mention it’s super fast!
This rainbow trout recipe can be made in 20 minutes. While the fish is in the oven, you can quickly make a side of cooked quinoa and boiled green beans for fast, but healthy dinner plan.
Find the recipe below to bake rainbow trout filets in the oven.
- Rainbow trout filets (skin on)
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- Fresh sage leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto the foil. Place the rainbow trout filets on the foil, skin side down.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the tops of the filets.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place thinly sliced lemon wheels on top of the filets.
- Place fresh sage leaves on top of the filets.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for about 18-20 minutes.
Once cooked, the fish will be slightly peach colored and flaky when you poke it with a fork. For a more intense lemon flavor, squeeze the lemon juice from the slices onto the fish just before eating.
This is by far one of my most beloved, healthy dinner recipes and I hope you enjoy it too!
What are your favorite healthy but fast dinner recipes for your family? We’d love to hear below in the comments!