One of the biggest trends I noticed for April Fool’s Day is disguised foods. For example, desserts that look like dinner meals. I cam across this spaghetti and meatballs idea and thought I’d try it for my family as well. They turned out super cute! I used a few Cake Mate® products and these Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes couldn’t have been easier to make.
- 1 can Cake Mate® Coffee House Icing (Creamy Coffee)
- 1 package Ferrero Rocher Truffles
- 1 jar Cake Mate® Dessert Spread (Raspberry)
- Unfrosted vanilla/white cupcakes
- Small mixing bowl
- Powdered sugar
- Bake a batch of your favorite vanilla cupcakes. Let them cool completely.
- Using the “writing tip” that comes with the Cake Mate® Coffee House Icing can, decorate the top of the cupcake. To achieve a “bowl of spaghetti” appearance, rotate the cupcake and layer the icing in a circular/squiggly motion.
- Let the spaghetti icing dry a little.
- In the meantime, mix a small portion of the Raspberry Dessert Spread in the mixing bowl.
- Once the spread has softened to more of a sauce consistency, add in the Ferrero Rocher truffles. This will become the sauce and meatballs.
- Carefully scoop one “meatball” and a little bit of sauce and place on the top of the spaghetti icing.
- Distribute the rest of the meatballs and sauce to the remaining cupcakes.
- Sprinkle a tiny amount of powdered sugar on top of the meatball and spaghetti.
Serve these cupcakes on April Fool’s Day for a deliciously fun family memory!