This spring, we finally purchased a waffle maker that we can consistently count on for the Bed & Breakfast. Serving 8 people waffles in a timely manner has always proven to be a challenge for us so we would rarely serve waffles to our guests. However, we took a chance on the Breville Smart Waffle Maker (4-square) and we are in love!
We can quickly cook 4 large square waffles at a time, and choose the level of gold, crispiness we want them to be. They aren’t too soggy or burnt, they are just golden perfection. So, I’ve been trying to come up with some fun new waffle recipes over the last few weeks.
So far, my favorite has been just simply serving waffles with fresh strawberries lightly coated in honey. Honey with Natural Blueberry Flavor Creamy Spread (from Natural American Foods™) to be exact.
This sauce is slightly infused with blueberry in order to give it a delicious twist on honey. Paired with fresh strawberries it’s to die for!
- Waffle mix (we use Kodiak Cakes)
- Cold water
- 4 tablespoons Natural American Foods™ Honey with Natural Blueberry Flavor Creamy Spread
- ½ cup sliced, fresh strawberries
- Small glass mixing bowl
- Powdered sugar
- Waffler Maker (we use Breville)
- In a glass mixing bowl, mix water and waffle mix according to package.
- Cook waffles in waffler maker accordingly.
- While waffles are cooking, slightly soften the honey spread by mixing it in a small glass bowl with a plastic spatula. You want the spread to be a little more “melty” and less thick. Do not microwave, though.
- Once the honey is easily stirred, mix in ½ cup of strawberries. Carefully stir so the strawberries aren’t bruised, but are lightly coated.
- Once the waffles are finished, add a small amount of butter to the waffles and drizzle the honey and strawberry mixture on top.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top if desired.
The waffles are delicious without syrup, but if you still crave it, we suggest using BLiS Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup!
These waffles are the perfect sweet treat for breakfast in bed or for a fun brunch get together with friends!