I couldn’t tell you how many batches of Kool-aid we used to make while growing up. Grape was my favorite flavor by far. I probably have made one thousand containers of that delicious purple drink in my time.
When I saw these white porcelain sugar jars sitting in my mom’s garage a few weeks ago, I just had to bring them home with me. I have dark wood cabinets in my kitchen, so the light wood tops needed a little something extra in order to fit with our kitchen decor.
Keeping with the Bohemian design style, I thought it would be super cute to paint a little mandala design onto the tops with white puffy paint.
What you need:
- Kitchen containers or serving dish with a wooden surface
- White puffy paint from Tulip
Step 1 – Sketch the mandala design.
Sketch out the Mandala design onto your kitchen container or wooden serving tray with pencil. Follow these easy steps for creating a simple Mandala.
- Create two perpendicular lines on the object surface.
- Make a small circle at the point where the two lines cross.
- Starting on the outside edge of the circle create your first design in one corner or quadrant of the surface.
- Create the exact same design in the remaining three corners.
- Continue steps 3 and 4 until the full surface area is covered. For added interest, create different types of designs like some shorter vs. taller shapes and some more rounded vs. geometric shapes.
Step 2 – Trace the mandala design with white puffy paint.
Using the white puffy paint, carefully trace the design. Start from the inside and work your way out. Be sure to apply the same amount of pressure while creating each line.
Step 3 – Let the puffy paint dry before using.
Let the paint dry for at least 24 hours before using. Once dried, you can erase any extra pencil markings you may have missed while painting.
Decorate other kitchen objects to match
You can turn any ordinary kitchen object into a cute Bohemian piece by sketching out a design in pencil and tracing with puffy paint by hand. Particularly, I think you could take a plain wooden serving tray and add a beautiful design to it with little effort. However, make sure you carefully hand wash anything you paint.
Pin for later: